Friday, 18 January 2008

Selection battles

So, where are we at in terms of increasing or decreasing left representation in the PLP after the next election?

One near to home for me was Walthamstow where unfortunately left candidate Laura Bruni had to withdraw for health reasons and the candidate will be Stella Creasey, about whom nothing really needs to be said...

Frank Cook has just lost his battle for reselection to some PR schmuck.

Wareing deselected.

Simpson retiring.

Someone please give me some good news.

10 comments:

susan press said...

If anyone is interested in Calder Valley (AWS) we urgently need left-winger...... e-mail me SsPre2@aol.com

Curlew said...

Okay, I think the China visit IS good news. Apart from the human rights issue - which we couldn't do too much about from the outside, I think that Brown has made a good step to improving relations with the giant that is to dominate the 21st Century.

Doctor Dunc said...

Will you not stand yourself, Susan?

Jackson Jeffrey Jackson said...

I know John Wiseman is a PPC in a tough normally Tory/LibDem seat. Any others on the left?

I should point out that I'm not a Walthamstow party member, by the way, but not a million miles away.

E10 Rifle said...

Sam Gurney in Kensington, but again a, er, tough one to win.

susan press said...

Nah....my card is thoroughly marked am afraid.

Doctor Dunc said...

Shame - can't imagine there being a better-placed female lefty: local councillor, etc. Do you mean your cards are marked on high or in the local party? If it's on high, why not call their bluff? (I suspect they're not going to be keen on overturning local selections).

Phil BC said...

Good news? Erm ... The latest Labour Briefing's a top read!

Doctor Dunc said...

I've put my CV in for Richmond.

E10 Rifle said...

Christine Shawcroft in Nottingham

http://www.labourhome.org/story/2008/2/4/12729/43989